JESSICA HERRING

 


LESSONS LEARNED

I believe Trees Virginia deserves recognition for its remarkable sustainability efforts. Through their unwavering dedication and proactive initiatives, Trees Virginia has highlighted the crucial role trees play in our urban environments. Their contributions to tree plantings, conservation initiatives, and educational programs have helped people of all ages to foster a deeper appreciation for the invaluable role that trees play in our lives.

Trees Virginia emphasizes that we all must take action to ensure a sustainable future. Inspired by this vision, I have decided to volunteer to become a Tree Steward. As a Tree Steward, I hope that I can help make sure our urban forests thrive for generations to come. In addition, I would like to start a tree-planting tradition at James Madison University in which every student who graduates is given the opportunity to plant a tree in the community. Doing so will require the cooperation of the university, local government, and private residents. I may even be able to get a grant from Trees Virginia to help with the initiative.